Sunday, June 21, 2009

Sittin on a bench, chewin my bubblegum



How in the world are they gonna bench this guy??


Like previously stated, Pierre has put on quite a show since being able to play everyday. When Manny comes back in a couple weeks, clearly they are going to play him but what, oh what, to do with Pierre? This guy is on fire and is batting 3rd in all of the National League with a batting average of .377. Come on now!! The big decision falls on Joe, and I wouldn't want to be in his shoes. Ok, I would because if I were in Joe's shoes I'd be standing in the dugout each game. But I still would not want to make this decision. Regardless of the fact that I will judge his decision when he makes it ;). To be fair to Pierre, I think the best bet for him is to be traded. However, I am VERY against this. How can you trade a guy this hot? The speed, the work ethic, the bat. Joe...are you listening? Here's what I suggest.


Well, Ive got two suggestions: 1) Let Manny sink his teeth back in the game as a pinch hitter. Sure his arm is way better than Pierre's but he lacks the speed and the gumption to really chase after that ball. Besides, we want to make sure we're getting the Manny we paid for back. Not the one who left Boston. Of course with this you run the risk of pissing Mr. Ramirez off. Afterall, he is the one who wanted to come to Los Angeles to just play baseball. So, I suggest, let him play.


B) the outfield roster is deep. Since all players need to rest and Torre does a great job of giving them their off time, you could rotate Kemp or Ethier out and Pierre in. I'm sure he would give up playing left field to play at all. Both these kids are well rounded both offensively and defensively but Pierre's bat is still hot so you wouldn't be losing momentum here.


Clearly this is not an easy choice. Some naysayers might suggest that Ramirez sit on the bench and let Pierre do his thang since he deserves to play. Although I don't agree with what Manny did, he did his penance for it and should be welcomed back with open arms. Let's not forget all the other major leaguers out there doing things they shouldnt be doing and just having a finger wagged at them with nothing more severe. If you have an issue with the penance, you can take it up with the commissioner. For now, let's just play ball!

No comments:

Post a Comment