Friday, June 26, 2009

I don't like to wear Sox anyway.

Alright. We have to brush off this series. This is the first series since May that the Dodgers have let slip away. It's ok though, I'm not a fan of sox anyway :) My boys of summer played their heart out yesterday, and I think it was not getting the hits we needed in the clutch that really allowed the CWS to come back and get that one run they needed. Billingsley (still trying to be the first 10-win pitcher in N.L.) missed his attempt at a win for the second time in a row. Bills. what's up Buddy? You sure have a sturdy pair of legs....why are we losing it at the end? To be fair, the game was lost in the bull pen. Bills pitched a really great first 4 innings and the offense gave him a great lead in the beginning. Blake's controversial line drive could have been one of those game changing plays (and it might have been) but ultimately we just couldn't get what we needed when we needed it. Not for lack of trying. Or the fact that Torre rested about half the starting line-up. Weaver did alright tonight as a reliever, and I have to say I'm glad this "giving up runs" Jeff showed up tonight and not days ago when he faced his brother. That outing was much more important to me. Well, that's how I make myself feel better over this loss.

Let's talk for a second about Casey Blake. He is just an awesome player that I think really flies under the radar. He plays his heart out, every game, is just seems to be a calming force for all the young and hungry talent we have in our line-up. He always seems so calm, cool, and collected (ok, minus that ball in threw way over Loney's head when we played the Angels) and that he shows up everyday to play his hardest. He seems humble. His barehanded pickoff of the bunt was an incredible play to watch and just solidified his status as an all star player. I keep replaying it in my head as I write about it. How he had to be on the move up when it was hit, grab it, and make a perfect throw to Loretta at 1st base. Way to go Blake. You might be my new favorite player.
Now let's talk about the All-star Matt Kemp. Now, ok, I appreciate watching him play and he really put his all in to it yesterday, but let's give this guy a day off Joe. He played his heart out and gave an all out effort to catch a single by Podsednik scoring the winning run, but came up to allowing it a short hop. He did go 0 for 6 offensively with 4 strikeouts. Clearly, the man needs to rest. He can come sit next to me tonight.
We need to shake this off and let this homestand against the Mariners and the Rockies, turn us around again. We'll play the Mariners while the Giants (who are on our heels....a hungry line-up also) are away playing the Brew Crew and the Rockies are away playing the A's. We'll then meet up with the Rockies, while the Giants head to play the Cardinals in good old St. Louis. After a day off.......we all know what happens.......we head to San Diego (and if everything goes as hoped) the ManRam will be back in the lineup on July 3rd. I'm hoping the hype of him coming back isn't giving the Dodgers a cause to feel a sense of relief. I don't think it is, and I'll be there tonight hootin and hollerin. Let's Go Dodgers, Let's Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment